This morning was our very first ultrasound. I have to admit that knowing I'm pregnant has made me feel dumber because I have to learn about something entirely unfamiliar to me. Sure I've heard from friends tons of pregnancy facts over the years, but nothing could prepare me for the physical and emotional feelings that come with being pregnant.
At 7:30am this morning, on hubby's first vacation day, we entered the doctor's office. When the doctor came in he immediately got to calculating the due date. I'm way ahead of him and have a pregnancy tracker app on my iTouch so I've known for a couple of weeks. Get ready to pencil (no pen or marker yet) that the newest member to our family will have March 5, 2011 as his or her birthday.
Hubby and I have a million thoughts running thru our minds about when I'm going to have to take maternity leave, if I'll be able to go back to work before the school year ends, blah, blah, blah. The answer is this baby has beautiful timing already. If I can work right up to my due date give or take a day, then I should have exactly enough leave time to make it into summer break.
I've posted the three sonogram photos we were given. I'll inform you that the dark circular area in the two close up pics is the yolk sac (not the head). Hey, again, if you didn't know better you would think it was the head right? Tell us if you thought it was the head. The whitish small linear area under the yolk sac is the baby. We most have watched its teeny tiny heart beat for five minutes. Its just a quick little flicker on the monitor. I asked what week we should be able to hear the heartbeat, and he replied that seeing it is better than hearing it actually.
That's all for now. Enjoy "oooo-ing" and "aaaa-ing" over the little miracle that is a quarter of an inch big, or I should say small, this week. Baby is the size of a blueberry this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment