Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Off To The Races

Today I had a routine doctor's visit and got to hear the baby's heartbeat. I couldn't believe my ears when the nurse found the strongest area because it sounded like I was at the race track listening to horses running. I'd never heard it that loud before. I also believe that I felt the first kick from my little one. Right after the nurse moved the sound monitor on my belly for the last time, I felt a quick jab to the area. I wasn't going to say anything to her, but she then asked if I had felt the baby kick yet. Of course I told her I thought I just experience my first one. I've been excited all this week about the baby being able to hear and that I might be able to feel movement. Sure enough, my little one has already made mommy proud.
Again, we earned an A+...nothing less would be acceptable in this family (lol). All levels of sugar, protein, and my blood pressure are normal. I've gained a normal amount of weight, but the number sounds scary. I'll save that till the end of the pregnancy (maybe).

I loved today and feel closer and closer to our baby every day. Tonight, I just asked hubby if he thinks the baby knows what love is? He said, "No." I'm not sure what my answer is to the question, but I know the minute I hold my baby he or she will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment