Last week was not pleasant for this mommy-to-be. I'm posting this info mainly as a recording for Emily, so that one day she can know all the good and not-so-good that happened while she was in mommy's belly.
Early last week, I received word that my only living grandpa was taken to the hospital. (Note: my other grandpa passed away in mid-July shortly after knowing that he was going to be a great-grandpa.) It has been my dream for a number of years for all four of my grandparents to meet at least their first great-grandchild. Unfortunately, one will not be able to, but it comforts me to know one was on the way. He didn't know Lil' Ri was a she, but that wasn't what was most important to him. I pray each day that grandpa and my two grandmas will be able to meet Emily. We are so close to meeting her, yet it seems so far when someone is fighting illness and aged body. Emily really wants to meet her great-gramps, and he's a fighter just like she has been.
Wednesday and Thursday of last week, I also didn't feel much movement from Emily at her regular times (or at all). I started to panic a little on Thursday night because I kept it to myself that a 7-year-old boy accidentally elbowed me in the belly during check out. He was getting all worked up that I said there was only a few seconds left to browse for a book, and I was right behind is flailing body. He was extremely apologetic, but I just cared for Emily's safety after what she and I have been through. Nevertheless, my little fighter came alive Thursday night after what I can only explain as a much needed two day slumber. She has been back to her regular routine workouts in the afternoon and late evening before mommy's bedtime.
I'll also add for the record that daddy lied to mommy to calm my nerves about Emily not moving. He put his ear to my tummy upon my request Thursday and told me he heard her heartbeat. His face was all smiles while listening, and I was excited. About an hour later is when I finally felt her move, so I yelled to hubby to let him know. I didn't expect him to come running, but he did. Here is why...he said, "Thank goodness because I didn't hear her heartbeat." I exclaimed, "What?!?!" He replied, "Well you were getting stressed, and I wanted you to relax for Emily's sake." I wasn't mad, but he knows I won't trust him again on this matter. We laughed, and were just happy our little princess was with us.
What really has inspired me to post today is that I received a box of new toys and items for Emily's nursery today. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the fabrics, toys, and accessories I've picked out online for her nursery. She is going to be a spoiled, yet modest little girl. She isn't going to understand spoiled as a baby anyways. No harm this early (or so I hope). How can a new mommy not go overboard with the registries?
No comments:
Post a Comment