Saturday, November 13, 2010

With Death Comes New Life


It's late, but I wanted to post today because it is a day I need to remember. My grandpa did pass away and made his journey to heaven late Thursday night. He's with God now. I was able to speak to him over the phone and send him my love hours before he closed his eyes to say goodbye. If it were not for that phone call being answered and being told that he was smiling while I talked to him, I would not have made peace entirely with his passing.
I'm sharing this now because I bought Emily a butterfly and flower ceiling hanging tonight, and as I was unwrapping it, the butterflies reminded me of my Gramps. I told hubby about it shortly after, and Emily started to kick. Gramps always made the ladies smile. He's already made his great-granddaughter very excited.

Emily's nursery is now slowing becoming more alive as we buy bits and pieces for it. We still have to wait on painting, setting up furniture, and buying the remaining furniture in order to keep our guest room. Don't worry, I'll definitely be taking snap shots of the before, during, and after.

Our new little life inside me is what makes two grandfathers passing during my pregnancy just a tiny bit easier to handle. Jesus is the reason for their new home in heaven, and for that I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment