I think it looks great! Designing and decorating my son's nursery was so much fun that I can totally understand the late nights to get all your ideas in order and on paper. And even though the baby probably won't be in the room 100% right away and using all the great stuff, it definately makes you feel more at ease when it is all put together before the little one arrives. Mommy instincts to "be prepared" kick into high gear and you will find yourself wanting everything ready and PERFECT for your little one. This drove my hubby a little crazy but he understood. Can't wait to find out if Baby is a boy or a girl!
Me too, Tracy! Hubby is thinking that I am back in shopaholic state again. He's a little right, but how can you not be when you have to buy a bunch of stuff for a new lil' person soon to be in the family?
I'd take any excuse to be a shopaholic! Your nursery ideas look fantastic. Chic and whimsical and doesn't scream baby like some of the very pedestrian themes I've seen. I really like your boards. I've always wished I'd done interior design. Oh well, maybe when I retire!
Allison, thanks for the compliment! Just so you know, you don't have to get a degree to be an interior decorator. I learned you can't call yourself an "interior designer" without a degree and passing the national exam. Just start putting pieces, colors, and patterns together on a board. Guaranteed if you like shopping, you will love decorating too. I dare you to try. ")
I think it looks great! Designing and decorating my son's nursery was so much fun that I can totally understand the late nights to get all your ideas in order and on paper. And even though the baby probably won't be in the room 100% right away and using all the great stuff, it definately makes you feel more at ease when it is all put together before the little one arrives. Mommy instincts to "be prepared" kick into high gear and you will find yourself wanting everything ready and PERFECT for your little one. This drove my hubby a little crazy but he understood. Can't wait to find out if Baby is a boy or a girl!
ReplyDeleteMe too, Tracy! Hubby is thinking that I am back in shopaholic state again. He's a little right, but how can you not be when you have to buy a bunch of stuff for a new lil' person soon to be in the family?
ReplyDeleteI'd take any excuse to be a shopaholic! Your nursery ideas look fantastic. Chic and whimsical and doesn't scream baby like some of the very pedestrian themes I've seen. I really like your boards. I've always wished I'd done interior design. Oh well, maybe when I retire!
ReplyDeleteAllison, thanks for the compliment! Just so you know, you don't have to get a degree to be an interior decorator. I learned you can't call yourself an "interior designer" without a degree and passing the national exam. Just start putting pieces, colors, and patterns together on a board. Guaranteed if you like shopping, you will love decorating too. I dare you to try. ")
ReplyDelete