Sunday, December 5, 2010

Catch Up since Thanksgiving

As you all are most likely familiar with...from Thanksgiving to Christmas is the most chaotic time of year. When I said I was going to post about Black Friday (now just over a week ago), I really thought I would. I've been either too tired, too lazy, or just too busy to blog. Now this is me playing "catch up."

Black Friday (the brief version): Dropped off my sister bright and early in the morning, went to a few stores around the city before meeting my best friend for lunch and a long day of shopping at the mall. Emily was truly my good luck charm because I hit NO lines, had NO trouble finding parking spots, and found LOTS of things I needed as gifts or just for me/our home. It was a warm day, very nicely spent with a friend, but...........my feet had never felt so bad in all my life. I am surprised I managed to drive myself home because I was walking like a crippled person when I arrived home. Hubby instructed me to put my feet up and take it easy for the rest of the weekend. I followed orders.

Cyber Monday: No mega Internet shopping for this preggo lady because I needed a breather still from Friday and I had to work. I did get a great bargain on curtains for Emily's room though.

After Thanksgiving Tuesday thru today (Sunday): Had an awesome week at work. My lessons have been great because the kids are very receptive to everything I've been having them do. I still have to make three kings' crowns for our Christmas pageant happening next week. It will get done after I finish this post. As for progress around the house, hubby and I set up Christmas yesterday. A week behind schedule, but again, Thanksgiving weekend was insane. Forgot to mention the exhaustion after work each day last week too. My bedtimes were between 7:30-8:30pm. I really needed sleep last week. Oh yes...how could I forget Tuesday...my day off...my feet were swollen for the first time. They were so fat (didn't get to take a picture) and barely fit in my sneakers. I do believe it could have been due to the climate getting ready to change from 70 degree weather to 50 degree weather overnight. Hubby was an absolute angel that night and filled up my massage foot spa. I sat in Emily's new rocking chair and soaked my aching feet in hot lavender water as the jets massaged my feet. It was heaven!
Emily has been having the time of her new little life. I feel her move so frequently now that it is noticeable in the car, at church, and when I rest my hand on my belly...she will let me know she feels me touching her. It's so precious!

Overall, I feel productive, energetic during the hours of light outside, moderately tired after the sun goes down, and excited to see my house decorated for the holidays. I honestly never thought I would be this motivated to do all that I have being pregnant. I'm not the type to compliment myself, but this time I'm not afraid to voice that I am voice of ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment