I've heard for some time now from a fellow pregnant co-worker that when a baby gets so big (about 3rd trimester), the mommy will start to see her belly skewed from time to time. Well folks...it happened to me for the first time last night.
Sitting on the sofa after dinner, a long day, and comfy in my jammies, I felt Emily moving around. I lifted up my shirt to see the movement, which is happening each time she moves now too. To my surprise, I saw my belly skewed to the right. I yelled for hubby to come witness because I just couldn't believe it. He was just as amazed. She's a little contortionist inside mommy's tummy. I can only imagine not having enough space to stretch out completely anymore or do somersaults. She is just getting so big, and we notice it the most at night after a full day of eating. I've gotten super hungry again, as well. At work, I space out my snacks every couple hours and eat lunch, but sometimes there is a long gap between my last snack and dinner. Yesterday especially because I went out after work to get some more Christmas shopping complete.
I've been wanting to mention for a while now two other key facts about my pregnancy with Emily. First, for several months now, she has done this thing where she sends what I describe as a shockwave through my abdomen, down, and outward. It is less startling than it used to be, but it stills feels funny. My assumption is that she is hiccuping. It is anywhere from 2-5 times...not very many hiccups, but it makes sense. I'm going to ask the doctor at my next visit to confirm. Second, my disappearing belly button (as I've renamed it). With my every growing bump, my once extremely deep belly button is now almost flat. I hope it doesn't become an outty. Then, I will really feel huge because I thought I would never lose my little black hole. Very soon, I will know what it must have been like to be Adam. It's speculated that he had no belly button because he is the only human that wasn't from the womb of a woman. Eve was created from Adam's rib, so she may not have had one either. What are your thoughts?
In the meantime, here is my first up close shot of The Disappearing Belly Button. I've been hesitant to display pictures of my bare bump because of all the veins. I'm also translucent...LOL!!!
Wish I had taken a "before" The Disappearing Belly Button
No comments:
Post a Comment