Again, I've wanted to post daily updates but too busy. Almost two weeks ago, hubby and I spent Thursday and Friday after work and all day Saturday and Sunday working on Emily's nursery. Daddy painted, and it should be noted here that it was his first 100% paint job ever. Congratulations to him for a job well done! He has been amazing putting in hours of manual labor after coming home from a full day at work. Emily has a loving, caring, awesome daddy!
Note to Emily: Daddy painted & carried the furniture parts up the stairs, and Mommy assembled everything. ;)
I wanted everything ready for the baby shower with my family and close friends this past weekend. Well, I didn't accomplish my goal entirely, but all the furniture is ready and some of the accessorizing. All that still needs done is the wall projects which include shelves, a decal, mirrors, and art. The decal hasn't arrived, but should be here at the end of the week. Hanging shelves and wall art that needs leveled is probably my least favorite part of completing a design. The studs are never where the stud finder indicates and the nails or screws always end up being a hair (or five) off from where I measured with the level. I'm a perfectionist if I haven't already mentioned, so it drives my a little crazy after putting such much time and effort into the design.
Stay tuned for more photo updates...but here is what has been done so far...
Daddy painting.
Salvation Army leaving with our guest bed. Bye-bye guest room.
Mommy assembling the bookcase before the room was fully painted.

How quickly a guest room changes to a nursery. Mommy's design is now becoming reality. Yay!

Mommy assembling Emily's crib. Hopefully she will sleep there for many many nights unlike her mommy when she was a baby.
Daddy helping assemble the dresser/changing table.
Mommy assembling the dresser/changing table.
No comments:
Post a Comment