Monday, October 4, 2010

Productivity Heaven

Hello all! This past week has been uneventful in Babyland, yet extremely productive. For the last two weekends, I've forced myself to curb my urges to spend countless hours online surfing the Web for baby stuff. With both possible nursery designs complete and registries for the most part put together minus the gender specific items, I told myself to get to the real work that needed to be done.
Real work = preparing our home for a baby in almost five months to the day.

On my non-work days, I managed to organize and reduce the amount of stuff in our master closet. In turn, this freed up almost 100% of space in the soon-to-be nursery's closet. The other 5% maybe of stuff is Christmas stuff that is moving into the garage. The garage is still in the process of getting a minor face lift to support the additional boxes. My cousin was in town Friday, and I put him to work going to the hardware store to by a sturdy shelving unit. Hubby and I began putting it together yesterday, but the hammering of metal was too much for the baby's teeny tiny ears. We'll finish it soon. That's the productivity report for this past week. Twenty-two more weeks of small jobs here and there, and our house will be a perfect, sophisticated, baby-friendly home. I'm refusing to let our home turn into a disastrous playhouse.

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree about the cluttered playhouse! I get a cold chill when I see a house packed to the gills with baby stuff :-)

    We are doing lots of little projects here too. If you are looking for handy, overhead garage storage, Jeff and I bought these organizers at Lowes for $67. They hold up to 300 pounds and screw into your ceiling/floor joists (they also work well with angled roofs and attics). They are fabulous and you can still park a car or two in the garage when you are done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, thanks for the storage tip. We had room for the floor shelving, so we went with that for starters. We'll need more I'm sure, and the ceiling storage would be the only other option. The shelving I bought was from Home Depot and only around $67, which wasn't bad at all for what I had been seeing in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so glad to hear that you decided to go ahead with the storage units. Also glad to hear that hubby is putting them together. You guys are going a great job getting things together. :)

    ReplyDelete