Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Way to a Woman's Heart

One of the ways to a woman's heart is flowers. Another way is expensive jewelry, and a third is sweets. Hubby gave me two out of three this week. Guess which one wasn't included? LOL! Hubby has given me lots of beautiful expensive jewelry, so I have no complaints.
You need to know the story of how it came to be that he brought me roses and chocolate (Kit Kats to be exact) last night. Last week, I bought two small to moderate sized bags of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Kit Kats as Halloween candy. Naturally, I placed them in a festive container by the front door. It has now been established that hubby lacks total self-control when it comes to sweets and junk food. So Sunday, out of all the small chocolate bars, there were only six Kit Kats left. I told him that the rest were off limits to him and went up to bed. Monday, I went to work, came home, ate some healthy snacks, and then had a little sweets craving. Remembering the Kit Kats, I walked to the container. To my surprise, there was one Kit Kat placed perfectly in the center of the container. He ate FIVE Kit Kats that night!!! I was so disappointed. So, I texted him my disappointment and we played a little back and forth game. He said, "It took all my will power to leave you that last one." That was cute at least. However, I should have known better than to leave the candy out, but I thought he would control himself. He made a big stink about how he has no self-control and that I need to hide all sweets in the future.

The next day (yesterday), I was cooking dinner when he walked in the door with a gorgeous bouquet of red roses and a huge bag of Kit Kats. My heart melted at the gesture. Needless to say, the first thing out of my mouth was "Thank you, I love you, babe!" He replied, "You're welcome, now just hide those from me." LOL!!

These are the insignificant yet meaningful moments in a marriage you can't help but cherish.

Love you, Hubby! Thanks for keeping life playful and romantic.

P.S. Kit Kats not in picture because I had to hide them before it was too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment