Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Sweetest Day

If you keep up with all the hallmark holidays, you knew that yesterday was The Sweetest Day. I was out with my friend yesterday who is a card fanatic, and she reminded me that it was The Sweetest Day. We were in the card aisle, and I was reading thru some of them. I found the perfect one for my hubby and bought it.

Last night, The Sweetest Day couldn't have ended more perfectly. While laying in bed watching TV to unwind, I felt Lil Ri' kick me for the first time. Now when I say first time, I mean this was no-doubt-about-it a growing baby kicking from the inside out. She did it eight times, and I was yelling for hubby to come into the room before it stopped. He got there in plenty of time to feel her, and his eyes lit up. I could see it in his face that he was thinking, "Mommy isn't crazy and fabricating ideas in her head anymore." I wrote my card to hubby after the eventful evening, and wrote our memory in the card. I left it on his pillow, and all I remember is waking up to a really late night kiss and an "I loved your card." Today has been a wonderfully relaxing day as well. I love when our love is rekindled. Our daughter-to-be adds to our love for one another each day. It's so incredible!

1 comment: