Monday, February 21, 2011

Baby Shower #2

What woman doesn't love a party in her honor? What woman doesn't love many parties in her honor? For the modest woman, it might be a little overwhelming. I'm talking baby shower parties though...and if you are having a baby shower, chances are you have had a bridal shower to prepare for all the fanfare.
My bridal shower was planned by my mother, and it was the most fabulous and memorable celebration! Naturally, I wanted my mom to plan my baby shower because she is great with all the details and organization. Well, this time the party was going to be on my turf and not hers, so that meant I had to get involved in the planning process. I initially thought this was going to be my ONLY baby shower because I only had one bridal shower.

Guess again!?!? I've been lucky enough to have friends and family that care so much about Emily entering the world that I've had THREE baby showers. But right now, I'm here to report on Baby Shower #2.

My dear friend from church, Kristin, wanted to host a baby shower for me at her home. She also attended my first baby shower, and I told her that she could have co-hosted that one. Nope, she had to out-do herself and plan one ALL on her own with the ladies from church. I was sort of nervous about so many women I didn't know being invited to a baby shower for me who they hardly knew. The turn out delighted me and the generosity of the ladies was beyond imaginable. It is true that ladies go ga-ga over babies (even if they aren't born yet). It was also ironic that not one gift was repeated and the sizes of clothing were varied between the two parties, so Emily's ever growing wardrobe will stretch from birth till 9-12 months.

I'll let the pictures show you all the fun we had...
Kristin and Me

Elegantly decorated

Amazingly delicious party favors handmade by Kristin.
The recipe is Giada DeLaurentis' Lemon Ricotta Cookies.

Prizes for the games the cute boxes filled with Hershey Kisses
meaning "Her she is!" Do you get it?

Kristin's gourmet spread. EVERY THING was made from scratch!


I want to go into a party business with Kristin. =)

Yummy cupcakes and the flowers were a darling touch.




Guess that baby food was hard even though I had just played it recently.

I opened so many gifts. Most of the pictures turned out blurry, so below is only a sample.

Strawberry outfits...just adorable!

The Hooter Hider!! What a laugh.

Emily's first talking stuffed toy. It's a dog named Violet.

A custom onesie for Emily with matching burp cloths and bibs.

All the ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment