Can you believe I have been pregnant for 8 full months (257 days), and now I am sick? It is probably just sinus congestion, but it was terrible on Wednesday after work and made me stay home the next day. The doctor said today that if I want to I can take some over the counter meds, but not this lady. I'm going all the way to D-day with no medications. Emily is going to be chemical free for as long as possible.

Bella keeping her sick Mommy company. She's always affectionate,
but especially when Mommy is laying in bed.
You should check out a neti-pot. It saved me when I was sick in October. I use it every day even though I feel great. It is all natural too - no meds! I picked up one (the squeeze bottle type) at Wal-mart but you can get them at any pharmacy or grocery store. They cost about $8 for the bottle and 50 packets of rinse. My mom uses one and hasn't caught the sickies from the kids she teaches at school in over three years! I highly recommend it and like I said, it is all natural!
ReplyDeleteRachel, we have one. It is the one that looks like a tea pot. Hubby uses it when he is sick, but said it didn't help him this last time. I was going to use it the other day, but hubby read that you shouldn't use it when your ears are clogged. I had that symptom. I really don't get sick like this but once a year if that. I was a breastfed baby though =). After all the hype in my breastfeeding class, I had to mention that. I'll give the Neti-pot a try soon. Thanks for the tip!! P.S. Can't believe you are in your last month...whoo hoo!!!
ReplyDelete