Friday, February 11, 2011

Diaper Bag Time

One of the last big ticket items to buy before Emily's arrival is a diaper bag, or baby bag as they are sometimes called. I just L.O.V.E. handbags, so this should not be hard for me at all. Well, guess again? It is only hard because I can only afford to buy one, and really I only need one.

Currently, I'm texting hubby about this decision, and he actually picked the one I now think is my favorite. Didn't think that would happen.

Now I'm asking for your help. Please tell me your top 3 choices for ME. Remember it has to look good on me and with the stroller. Not sure that I really care anymore if it goes with the stroller. The other requirement in my mind is that it is versatile for all the seasons. That isn't possible usually with most clothing and accessories, so not a big deal there either. We are headed into spring and summer when Emily is small, so I want color not all black or brown. Need to buy a bag soon, so start sending me your input. Thanks!

P.S. Diaper bags are expensive for just DECENT patterns and fabrics. Why am I sounding surprised in today's market?
Click on the image to make it large.




2 comments:

  1. I like the brown and pink flowered one as first choice, then the white one with purple and pink flowers. Last pick is the one with the green and teal tulips. They all look like good sizes...not too big or too small. I used a Vera Bradley one for Liam and now it seems gigantic. I will eventually use it with Carissa when I need to lug around more stuff, but right now I am using a small reusable tote from Babies R Us (more like the size of a lunch bag.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted this on Facebook too because more people respond there. I'll now say that my favorite from the beginning was the top right blue and purple bag. It is a true diaper bag, huge, and THE most expensive at $150. I'm not insane at this point knowing money is going to be spent three ways instead of two, so I went with my second choice base on size, pockets, and pattern. Drum role please.....

    It's what hubby and many of you actually put on your Facebook lists; the blue and green tulip bag in the upper left. I feel it can be used in the spring & summer most definitely but also in the fall. It is a Fossil utility bag and pretty spacious. It will be arriving at my door late this week, so I'll be sure to post a pick with me wearing it. Thanks for all your opinions everyone!

    ReplyDelete